Motorsports of Delray - *** Poor Service

About a year ago, I brought my son's YZ250

2 stroke to Motorsports of Delray with the instructions of doing a diagnostic check for hard starting, and running poorly. They called and said the carb needed cleaning, a new spark plug, and an oil change. $350 later, we picked up the bike, and it was just as bad as when we brought it in. We brought it back, and they said they would check it again. They said the generator wires were burned, and they would have to replace the unit, and they GAURANTEED they fixed the problem. Another $350. I brought my son with me when we picked up the bike so he could ride it, and make sure it was OK. It wasn't! It bogged, and was as hard to start as before. We talked to the service manager, and he told us he would check it out.

It took him three weeks, and I had to call him to get the status. He told me the top end was bad, bearings were bad, seals were bad, and the oiston was burned! He also informed me that they were no longer interested in working on the bike because the cost of repairs was beyond the value of the bike, and they were no longer willing to fix it!

After $700, they were no longer WILLING? I was smart enough to get everything in writing, so my next step was small claims court.

In court, we were given an arbritraitor, and the result was that we were given half our money back.

We later took the bike to an independant shop where we again asked for an estimate. The estimate was for cleaning the carb, spark plug, oil change, and front brakes, all for $235.

That fixed it. It runs great! Great enough to get my son one of the fastest bikes at L-Cross Extreme!

In short, Motorsports of Delray didn't do what they were supposed to do origanally. I really dont mind only getting half the money back, because we did get a new generator, which was or was not needed!

But it was installed. I want to be fair, although THEY are far from fair.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.