Motorsports of Delray - *** Poor Service
About a year ago, I brought my son's YZ250
2 stroke to Motorsports of Delray with the instructions of doing a diagnostic check for hard starting, and running poorly. They called and said the carb needed cleaning, a new spark plug, and an oil change. $350 later, we picked up the bike, and it was just as bad as when we brought it in. We brought it back, and they said they would check it again. They said the generator wires were burned, and they would have to replace the unit, and they GAURANTEED they fixed the problem. Another $350. I brought my son with me when we picked up the bike so he could ride it, and make sure it was OK. It wasn't! It bogged, and was as hard to start as before. We talked to the service manager, and he told us he would check it out.
It took him three weeks, and I had to call him to get the status. He told me the top end was bad, bearings were bad, seals were bad, and the oiston was burned! He also informed me that they were no longer interested in working on the bike because the cost of repairs was beyond the value of the bike, and they were no longer willing to fix it!
After $700, they were no longer WILLING? I was smart enough to get everything in writing, so my next step was small claims court.
In court, we were given an arbritraitor, and the result was that we were given half our money back.
We later took the bike to an independant shop where we again asked for an estimate. The estimate was for cleaning the carb, spark plug, oil change, and front brakes, all for $235.
That fixed it. It runs great! Great enough to get my son one of the fastest bikes at L-Cross Extreme!
In short, Motorsports of Delray didn't do what they were supposed to do origanally. I really dont mind only getting half the money back, because we did get a new generator, which was or was not needed!
But it was installed. I want to be fair, although THEY are far from fair.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Yamaha Yz 250
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Mini Coopers are great looking vehicles, and a blast to drive. They have a fun, young appeal and exciting drivability. Mini has revolutionized the compact car class and..."
- "Now Montana has join California Auto Dealers... Call 818 749 - 3288Missouri Court of Appeals â€“ Judge Joseph M. Ellis cites UNPUBLISHED DECISIONJudge Joseph M. Ellis and the Missouri Court..."
- "In July 2014 we purchased a 2015 Ford Sunseeker from Leisure days in Sudbury. On July 13, 2015 we noticed the motorhome was getting loud, and we crawled underneath..."
- "Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights) Ship Name: Empress of the Seas Reservation Number 2098975 We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access..."
- "Billet Technology has never been licensed by MOPAR ever ! http://www.pcworld.com/article/25914...ringement.html This article points out the exact platform and profile that has been gone through since Billet technology has always been in..."
- "I will just say anonymously that Publix in Florida will give out tons of food to the Harry Chapin Food Bank for "poor" people (read that as people ALREADY getting..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."